There’s a fun tag making its way across the internet called #RockingMotherhood … Jaclyn Bree sweetly nominated me! Check out her fun blog about creative DIY and money-saving ideas at http://www.jaclynbree.com
Honestly I’m not really sure I’m #RockingMotherhood…. I feel like I just do the best I can ( which can often be the wrong thing), I take one step at a time ( even if it seems like I’m not traveling far), and I embrace all the little moments that add up to a life well lived…. To me, a life well lived is about the journey I take as a mom, as a woman, as me and not the destination of a certain milestone. Being a mom is not always easy, but it truly is the one thing I love most in the world. I might not always have all the answers, but I adore finding the path with my kiddos… So if that means I’m rockin Mamahood well…. That’s awesome!
Here’s a few things I love doing that hopefully my kiddos think makes me #RockMotherhood :
- I have always loved reading to my boys… I was reading Tolkien to them before they were born because I was convinced they could hear me and wanted to share my love of Hobbits with them from the start…
- I advocate for my special needs son with every breath in my being…. I search, research, and encourage him as much as I can… I give that same strength and love to my oldest son and do my best to be his rock as he navigates the life of a young man setting off in college… I let him know I believe in him and that I have faith in him….
- My boys and I are passionate about fandoms from Star Wars to Star Trek ( all my regular blog readers will be laughing right now because you KNOW what a Trekkie I am) We love everything from Harry Potter, to LOTR and we are the BIGGEST Disney buffs around…. Our fandoms are something we can do and talk about and share as a family… and to me… that makes it awesome!
- I don’t expect myself, my boys or my life to be perfect…. I do the best I can as a single mom… and… I screw up sometimes…. but… when I do my boys are there and love me just as much… My boys know that no one expects them to be perfect and that imperfections are the best part of life…
I’m not sure if that means I’m #RockingMotherhood, but it sure does make me enjoy this crazy road of life… Thank you so much to Jaclyn for nominating me for this fun challenge!!!
The #RockingMotherhood tag rules:
- Thank the blogger that tagged you and link their blog.
- List up to 10 things you believe make you a good mother.
- Tag 3-5 bloggers to join the #rockingmotherhood tag
- Grab the #rockingmotherhood badge below and add it to your post or sidebar.
I would like to nominate the following awesome women for this challenge: